Bay Mills Resort and Casino
The Bay Mills Resort and Casino is owned and operated by the Bay Mills Indian Community. The casino opened in 1995, and it is located in Brimley in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
The casino has slots, table games and a live poker room, and guests can choose to stay at either the hotel or RV park. There are plans to open a retail sportsbook sometime in late 2020 or 2021.
The waterfront hotel is spacious, and there are 143 tastefully-decorated rooms. The Bay Mills Indian Community also owns a golf course within walking distance from the resort that features 18 holes and a driving range.
Though the Bay Mills Resort and Casino is the primary casino of the Bay Mills Indian Community, it is not the only casino they own, nor is it the first. The BMIC owns a smaller casino, which is known as the Kings Club Casino. The Kings Club has been open since 1984 when it went by the name of Bay Mills Blackjack Casino. There are close to 300 slot machines as well as food and drinks.
The casinos are three minutes apart by car, and each offers a different experience.
Bay Mills Resort and Casino Information
- Address: 11386 W. Lakeshore Dr., Brimley, Michigan
- Owner: Bay Mills Indian Community
- Operator: Bay Mills Indian Community
- Casino games: Over 700 slots, dozens of tables games, blackjack, three card poker and roulette.
- Poker: live poker game and tournaments
King’s Club Casino
- Address: 12140 W. Lakeshore Dr., Brimley, Michigan
- Owner: Bay Mills Indian Community
- Operator: Bay Mills Indian Community
- Casino games: 280 slot machines
Bay Mills Resort and Casino Online Partnerships
The Bay Mills Resort and Casino did have a free-to-play online casino, but that has since been shut down. Currently, there are no public plans to open an online casino, even though it is legal to do so.
Ever since Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed legislation that made sports betting and online casinos legal, casinos have been itching to jump on the opportunity. Some casinos are aggressively pursuing online sports betting and online gaming, and other casinos have taken a more methodical approach.
There are reports that the Bay Mills Indian Community has struck a partnership with Scientific Games, an online gaming company that works with companies around the world. The two worked together to develop the Play4Fun website that is now defunct.
So far, there are no plans for any future online casinos. However, that is undoubtedly where the Michigan gaming industry is headed toward.
Bay Mills Resort and Casino Online Casino
As mentioned before, the Bay Mills Indian Community did have a free-to-play online casino experience, but that website is no longer working. A message on the shut-down site thanks players for participating.
The fact that the casino went as far as creating a free online casino indicates they are at least interested in providing an online gaming experience. If anything, the BMIC’s partnership with Scientific Games bodes well for those hoping for an online casino from the tribe.
Nothing has been announced yet, but the general manager of the casino has said more information is coming.
The Casino at Bay Mills Resort and Casino
With over 17,000 square feet of gaming space, the casino at Bay Mills is sure to have every slot machine and table game you could hope for.
There are 700 slots at the Bay Mills Resort and Casino, and another 280 slot machines at the Kings Club Casino, which is only a few minutes away. There are also over a dozen tables games.
The Bay Mills Resort and Casino offers many promotions throughout the year. You can take a look at the promotions calendar on their website for more information.
Here is a list of popular promotions offered by the Bay Mills Resort and Casino.
- Play and stay: Earn 100 points for a free RV stay. 200 Points gets you a free night on the weekend and 300 points get you a free night any day of the week.
- Canadian Sunday: Canadian guests can qualify for a free kiosk game when they earn 50 points.
- Par-palooza: Funcard members with a Canadian ID can earn 75 points for every $100 they exchange.
- Senior Wednesday: Members 50 years old or older earn double points, and they receive a $10 food voucher when earning 20 points.
- Hero Thursday: Guests that are members of the military, police, EMT or fire department earn $20 in freeplay when they earn 50 points.
- USA Friday: Guests over the age of 50 earn double points. When guests earn 20 points, they are awarded $10 for food.
The Bay Mills casinos combined have more than 900 slot machines. There are 700 slot machines at flagship Bay Mills Resort and Casino, and there are another 280 slot machines at the Kings Club Casino.
With the casinos only minutes apart, gamers looking for a change of scenery can make the quick trip to the other casino and have a new experience.
There are dozens of different slot machines at both locations, including crowd favorites and new slot machines looking for your attention.
Here are two of the newest and most popular slot machines currently displayed at the casinos.
- Willy Wonka: With a whimsical Willy Wonka aesthetic, this slot machine is sure to catch your eye. The best part about this machine is the Dream Factory Bonus which can reward players with free games and other goodies.
- Jackpot Party Ultimate Party Spin: This slot machine plays two different games, and each one is as unique as they are fun. Whether you choose to play Far Out Orange or Groovy Grape, you’re sure to have a good time. The game has a bonus disco wheel feature that players can use to get bonuses and other great prizes.
While slot machines are everywhere at the casino, there are also over a dozen different table games. Whether you like playing cards with strangers or hoping to get a lucky spin, Bay Mills Casino has multiple opportunities to increase your chip count.
Here is a list of popular table games:
- Six-deck blackjack
- Two-deck pitch blackjack
- Let It Ride
- Three-card poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold‘em
Funcard Players Club Rewards Program
The Funcard is the best way to enjoy the Bay Mills Resort and Casino. Earn points every time you play and redeem them for perks. You can also use your card for Freeplay and comps.
Bay Mills Resort and Casino does comps differently, so you can earn points and comps at the same time. And you can comp yourself right at the register, which is much easier for guests.
There are four Funcard tiers, and each tier has a special perk.
The Lake Michigan tier gives players $5 in Freeplay when they sign up. The Lake Huron tier unlocks when players earn 1,200 points within 12 months, and it offers players increased comp, among other perks.
Players will need to earn 15,000 points within 12 months to receive the Lake Superior Funcard. This tier gives guests access to VIP events, free check cashing, increased comps, and more.
Finally, the Great Lakes Funcard is for the most dedicated Bay Mills Resort and Casino guests. To get ahold of this card, you’ll need to earn 45,000 points, which is no easy feat. You’ll have the best perks and comp rates.
Bay Mills Resort and Casino Sportsbook
The Bay Mills Indian Community has not said much about opening a retail sportsbook, but it’s coming. According to an article from the Detroit News, the Bay Mills Casino and Resort is planning to open a retail sportsbook in 2020.
Because of the pandemic, however, the sportsbook may open later than anticipated. The casino did close down for a period of time to comply with the state’s social distancing recommendation.
The bottom line is that the casino will have a retail sportsbook. There is no doubt. When that retail sportsbook will open, though, is still up in the air.
Online and Mobile Sportsbook
With plans to open a retail sportsbook sometime soon — hopefully by late 2020 if all goes well — the casino could possibly open an online sportsbook. The tribe has not made any public plans, so it remains to be seen.
Online gaming and sports betting won’t happen in the state until 2021 anyway, so there is still some time left to make a decision.
Bay Mills Resort and Casino Poker Room
The Bay Mills Resort and Casino does have a dedicated live poker room. There are tournaments twice weekly for those that are interested.
The Tuesday tournament starts at 6 p.m. and it costs $20 to buy-in which is equal to $1,000 in poker chips. This tournament is known as the Texas Hold ‘Em Re-Buy Tournament. The top five players are paid.
The Bounty Tournament takes place every Friday at 7 p.m. It costs $45 to enter this lucrative tournament which pays the top three players.
The Hotel at Bay Mills Resort and Casino
The hotel at the Bay Mills Resort and Casino is the best place to stay if you want to make the most out of your trip. There are 143 rooms at this hotel, which faces Lake Superior. The views of the lake are excellent, so make sure to book a waterfront-facing room.
If you want to save money, the resort also has an RV park on the premises. The RV park has water and electric hookups, cable TV, Wi-Fi, restroom and hot showers. There are 124 spacious spots that can accommodate RVs up 30-feet wide and 58-feet long.
Whether you stay at the hotel or RV park, you’ll never be too far from the action.
There are several restaurants at the Bay Mills Casino Resort.
Here are the options at the Bay Mills Resort and Casino:
- Sacy’s: Fine dining restaurant serving delicious steaks, which were voted best in the tri-county area. Dinner buffets are also served here.
- North Winds Lounge: The best place for a quiet drink in the casino
- Back Bay Grill and Games: This waterfront sports bar has great views as well as delicious food. The wings are a popular menu item.The Kings Club has one restaurant with a variety of entrees.
- Chums Cafe: Open for lunch and dinner, this cafe offers traditional cafe fare such as sandwiches. The restaurant is known for its specialty, a whitefish dinner basket that is only served on the weekends.
Casino Resort History
The owners and operators of the casino, the Bay Mills Indian Community, also own the Kings Club Casino, which is right up the road. The Kings Club opened in 1984, and it was unique at the time because it was the first Native American casino with slot machines and blackjack.
The Bay Mills Resort and Casino opened in 1995 in Brimley and has over 700 slot machines, more than a dozen table games and a poker room. A hotel and RV park are located near the casino. There is also a golf course.
There are plans to open a retail sportsbook in 2020, but that could be pushed back because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
There are also plans for an online casino in the future.